Skip navigation
ironbrigade
Currently Being Moderated

Export MPEG-4 with Chapters?

Nov 26, 2012 7:37 PM

I am using Adobe Premier Elements to edit and label home movies.   I want to export the movies to MPEG-4 format and distribute them to relatives on thumb drives for viewing on PC/iPhone/iPad.    Is there any way to preserve the Chapter Markers when the MPEG-4 file is created?     MPEG-4 as a format supports chapters and it would allow someone watching the video file to jump to the next chapter/ scene.    My Premier Elements project has chapter markers that work fine when I export to DVD, but the chapter markers are gone when I try to export to MPEG-4. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2012 5:29 AM   in reply to ironbrigade

It is not possible to output an MP4 with chapters from Premiere Elements.

Chapters are only available on DVDs, Blurays and WebDVDs.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 8:35 AM   in reply to ironbrigade

I did not know that Handbrake could output Chapter Markers. Good info to have, and thank you for posting it.

One caveat, regarding PrE, is that it cannot burn to an Image/ISO file, like Adobe Encore can. Instead, one can chose Burn to Folder, which will create a VIDEO_TS folder with the IFO, BUP and VOB files inside. Then, one can use the great, free burning utility, ImgBurn, to convert that VIDEO_TS folder into an ISO. It is one extra step, but really an easy one.

Thanks for the post on Handbrake,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2013 11:58 AM   in reply to ironbrigade

ironbrigade,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble--and showing consideration--to post a detailed description of the solution you figured out.

Too many posters get an answer somewhere, and don't bother to share it.

Mahalo nui loa!

(Muchas gracias)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points