Skip navigation
gbjohnson27
Currently Being Moderated

Organizer unresponsive

Nov 26, 2012 8:37 PM

I installed Elements 11 today as an upgrade and everything seemed to work ok.  My photos all seemed to transfer ok.    After several hours I came back to the computer and now the Organizer will not open.  The Editor will, but when I click on Organizer there is no response.  Should I try to re-install it or what???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 10:09 PM   in reply to gbjohnson27

Hi,

Can you check the solutions mentioned in this thread and let us know if you still have problems?

organizer does not open after closing computer while frozen

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to gbjohnson27

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Elements forum.   GBjohnson27 I am assuming you are using Photoshop Elements 11 due to your reference to the Editor.  Is this correct?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 10:54 AM   in reply to gbjohnson27

Hi

gbjohnson27,

To launch Welcome Screen, Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer

There you will find Photoshop Elements 11.0.exe

Double click on it. It will launch Welcome screen.

Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys and click Organize. Keep holding down the keys until you see the Catalog window.

Select your catalog and click Repair.  Select “repair anyway” even if PSE doesn’t find problems.

Then for good measure, click Optimize.

If repairing resolves your issue then fine else repeat the above steps, but click New to create a new catalog.  If you’re able to import photos into the new catalog and the Organizer works fine, then problem can be old catalog.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points