Skip navigation
rmattbill1
Currently Being Moderated

Can't create albums in Elements 11

Nov 27, 2012 1:42 AM

Tags: #albums #failure #problems #album #premiere_elements_11 #photoshop_elements_11 #elements_organizer_11

I purchased Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements together right when they were released. Everything is going great, except I can't create albums in the Organizer. If I click the plus buttom it will allow me to make an Album (top) category, but when I try to create albums in that category, it opens a sidebar on the right that says "Add to New Album" (replacing the Tags/Information sidebar). It gives me the option to type in a name, select a category, and drag media to the pane. I do those three things and nothing happens. No album is created, there's no way to close the sidebar, and all the top tool bar items are greyed out (Import, Media, People, Places, Events, Create, Share). Hitting return or escape does nothing, and I can't try to create another album because the green plus is greyed out. I can still open my photos and videos, but the option to edit them in Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements is also greyed out.

I'm using a new Macbook Air with Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2012 5:28 AM   in reply to rmattbill1

Do you click the Done button when you're done?

You're on a Macbook Air, which has a pretty small monitor screen. (Some have as little as 800 or less vertical screen resolution.) If your screen resolution is less than 1280x1024, it's possible you can't see the entire program's interface.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to rmattbill1

Very glad that Steve had your answer, and thank you for marking the thread as Answered, and Steve's Reply as Correct.

Adobe uses the data from Correct and Helpful, to improve the forums, and to also take to "management," when funding times come around. It also helps those, who come upon a thread, from a Search, to know what the answer was.

Well-done,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to rmattbill1

For only three posts, you certainly understand how forums work, and that is greatly appreciated.

Too often, users drop by, ask a question, get Replies, and we never see them again.

Later, others will find that thread, usually via a Search, and have the same question, or problem, but what they do not know is if any of the Replies helped the OP. You took care of that nicely.

Also, it helps the responders know that their Replies did help, and that is important, as we might be faced with a similar question in the future, and not know if our ideas were helpful.

Thank you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points