Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Running Header inserts page number - how to remove?

Nov 27, 2012 4:19 AM

Tags: #header #running

I am having a weird issue with Running Headers, which normally work very well.   I created a running header for a master page to capture my "Head 1" paragraph styles.  In the master page, the running header code is right-aligned in a text box.   I expected the pages to show the Head 1 text right-aligned at the text box location.  Instead, on the pages in the body of the document, the Head 1 text is left-aligned in the text box and the page number is right-aligned on the other side of the text box.  Under Text Variables-Define-Running Header-Edit Text Variable, the Type is set for Running Header (Paragraph Style), Style is set for Head 1 (Brochure Styel), and Use is First on Page.   Nothing is set for Text Before or Text After, or for the Options (Delete End Punctation or Change Case).

How can I remove the page number and get the text to right-align where it belongs?

I am using Indesign ver. 5.5 on Windows 8 x64

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2012 4:37 AM   in reply to Buzz81

Since running headers never automatically add page numbers, it must be something on your master pages; there must be a frame containing both your running header placeholder (aligned left) and a page number code (aligned right).

You also cannot add a "Current Page Number" code to the "Text Before" or "Text After" fields, although on reflection it would have been an interesting option.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points