Skip navigation
NBQuery
Currently Being Moderated

Automaticaly remove old Illustrator during CS6 install?

Nov 27, 2012 7:55 AM

We use Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition (AAMEE) to package AI and PSP CS6 installs for deployment in our enterprise with Microsoft SCCM 2007.  Many users have a prior version of Illustrator installed on their PC.  Is there a way when CS6 version is installed, it will automatically remove the old version (say, CS5 if present)?  Would also like to see this for Photoshop CS6 if possible.

Does anyone have a method to do this automagically?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to NBQuery

I do not believe there's any automated way to remove any Adobe application while installing any other Adobe application. You'll have to run the appropriate uninstallers themselves.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 7:58 AM   in reply to NBQuery

As Scott said, it's not possible. You would have to create a custom Windows installer script/ package that initiates those uninstallers e.g. when the user logs on to his machine or it is rebooted.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 5:41 PM   in reply to Mylenium

I for one do not think it is good idea to do so as the users might tequire the older version for awhile. For instance they might need to open old FreeHand files CS6 does not support those files.

However if you wish to go this way in the future than subscribe to The Cloud and you eill automatically have the latest version and no legacy copies of the apps. I believe Enterprise is supported on The Cloud.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 8:15 AM   in reply to NBQuery

Hi NBQuery,

As already mentioned by Wade_Zimmerman, it may be a good idea to leave the previous versions of AI (such as Ai CS5; as both AI CS6 and Ai CS5/CS5.5 can remain on the same computer with different prefs) intact on the computer, as it may come handy when maybe Ai CS6 would misbehave/you want a feature specific to CS5.

Regarding your second query, I am unable to interpret your "expiring issue". Are you facing any such issues with the latest updated AI CS6? Please reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant Kumar Thakur

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points