Skip navigation
ThrowawayVote
Currently Being Moderated

Exporting a tri-fold brochure PDF, but the second page appears totally blank.

Nov 27, 2012 8:24 AM

Hey everyone,

The odd thing about this problem is that I am currently working on two brochures, and the exporting problem only appears to happening with one of them.  Below is a screen shot of the offending page.  It does contain a lot more pictures than my other brochure which is exporting easily.  Export settings are identical, BTW.

Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 11.19.24 AM.png

This is my first inDesign project, so I could be making a newbie mistake.  Thanks for your help!

Dan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to ThrowawayVote

Do the images appear in ID when you switch to Preview mode?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 9:19 AM   in reply to ThrowawayVote

Are you able to share the file?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to ThrowawayVote

I meant would you be willing to package the file and send it to me to check here rather than guessing what might be wrong. I'll send you an upload link.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

The problem is the watermark in the background, but I still need to figure out why...

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

It seems to be the inner glow, though I don't know why that's a problem. On the other hand, I can't see that it actually is doing anything (nor is the outer glow) and it can be turned off without affecting the file, I think. I don't see that the drop shadows on the photos are going to be visible in the finished product, either, and I'd also remove those (the ones on the color bars are visible).

There's also a very tiny unfilled rectangle at the top of the stack that's in the area of the young man's hair in the center photo. It should probably be deleted. You can expand the layer and select it there to remove it. I would also suggest using something other than the Times .dfont for the verse citation. .dfonts can be a problem when you go to print.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to ThrowawayVote

I've been a designer of one sort or another since I was in high school in the 1960s (I spent 30+ years designing and custom fabricating jewelry before switching to graphic design inthe late 1990s). I've worked for a couple of printers, a newspaper, a magazine publisher, and taught InDesign and related tools at the college level for a short time, but now I'm a freelancer and volunteer here.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points