Skip navigation
sweet_pickle
Currently Being Moderated

Weird pixelation / lines / grid when zoomed out on Photoshop CS4

Nov 27, 2012 10:07 AM

I have the problem mentioned here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2824585

I have CS4 Extended (11.0.2) installed on my computer.  The program has worked well for years until I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8.  I freshly installed photoshop and now, when I open up a picture and am zoomed out at all, a weird pixelated pattern occurs.  Here's a screen shot of the problem when I'm zoomed out on a family snapshot:

Jumbled.jpg

When I zoom in to 196% or more, the grid problem leaves.  If I'm zoomed at 195% or lower, then there is this severe grid problem.

Normal.jpg

I've tried disabling gridlines and disabling OpenGL, but nothing has helped.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Update:  If anyone else has this problem, I figured it out.  I had to disable OpenGL and restart photoshop for it to work.  Now it works like it always has.  I imagine new drivers from ATI might fix this, but they don't exist for my graphics card for Windows 8.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2012 12:52 PM   in reply to sweet_pickle

Yes, that's a video driver problem. And yes, the Win8 drivers have lots of room for improvement.

Let ATI/AMD know about it so they can follow up if they need to.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,469 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to sweet_pickle

sweet_pickle wrote:

I've tried disabling gridlines and disabling OpenGL, but nothing has helped.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Update:  If anyone else has this problem, I figured it out.  I had to disable OpenGL and restart photoshop for it to work.  Now it works like it always has.  I imagine new drivers from ATI might fix this, but they don't exist for my graphics card for Windows 8.

You should try enabling OpenGL again, then going into the [Advanced Settings] and unchecking everything.

ScreenGrab_11_27_2012_161233.png

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points