Skip navigation
good dog
Currently Being Moderated

Why is Illustrator 6 so slow when saving?

Nov 27, 2012 12:04 PM

Tags: #mac #cs6

AI6 is very slow on some saves.  Nothing fancy with this file.  No gradients, no clipping masks, no placed images, simply color line art.  I run a Mac Pro  with 16Gb ram and Tb raid drives .  I've had this problem with a few other files and I think in CS5.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2012 12:47 PM   in reply to good dog

AICS6 should not be any slower then CS5, only faster with 64-bit support.

Do an info on your file to check the size. Then do a save as, and turn off pdf compatible(you only need that on if you are going to place the file into another application like InDesign), that should make the file smaller. I would then recommend running applications >> utilites >> disk utility to fix permissions.

There are other problems that can make files slow(search deleted global colors), so let us know your file size, and if copying/pasting is slow.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to good dog

There are many reasons you may be experiencing slow saves, you willl need to give us some feedback in order for someone to have a chance at helping you

• create a new user account, and swtich to that user
    • reset your .ai prefs
    • copy your file to your internal hard xrive, disconnect your La Cie drive
    • diconnect fomr a network if you are on one
    • create a blank new files, does that save slow

When replying back confirm if you were able to succesfully try these, and if any of them had an affect on your save time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points