Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Drop Shadow increments

Nov 27, 2012 4:57 PM

Tags: #drop #shadow

Hi I am having trouble with my drop shadow increments.  In a document that is 20 cm square, I have to set the drop shadow to 0.07, 0.07 and a blur of 0.08 and in a document 90 x 55 cm, the drop shadow is .2, .2 and blur .3.  I thought it might be in my preferences General is cm, Stroke and Type .. Points.  Using CS6.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

Are you talking about units of measurements?  Can you paste a screen shot of each so we can see what the problem is?  Sounds like the amount of offset should work, but can't tell without seeing it.  I use inches myself.  Not sure what the problem is.  Please be more specific.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to broomeGirl

I understand actually now the increments depends on how you have the units defined in the preferences you can easily change it to what you would prefer to workwith.

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 8.33.01 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 4:39 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

It is just another vector shape behind with an effect like blur or feather. If you find it easier, you can use a copy of the shapes making up the object casting the shadow, unite them using the pathfinder, and use the scale and shear tool to stretch the the shape to look like a shadow. You can make a shadow effect and expand the object to manipulate the shadow image separately but it will be a raster image.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 7:30 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

In case you ned a visual to guide you hee is a simple video

http://www.wadezimmerman.com/videos/CastShadow.mov

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 8:03 PM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

broomeGirl,

That last image is a cast shadow, not a drop shadow. Google should present tutorials for cast shadows. You may have not been using the correct term to get tutorials you need.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 5:57 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

I am pleased you found it helpful.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers