• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my adobe application manager is taking FOREVER to install...

Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Creative Cloud because I thought it was instant download, I guess not. I am saving the file and running it, but the window saying that it's downloading has been the same for 3 hours. The green installation strip is moving so I know it's not frozen, I checked to make sure my firewall allowed the install, but I'm just waiting. I have DSL. Is this normal?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried canceling and resuming your download?  Which Adobe software are you currently trying to install?  Have you tried downloading and installing a trial of that software?  You can choose the License this Software option and enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully downloaded it in the past with zero hassles. However, it is Jan 2015 now and I am trying to download onto a new computer and the adobe installer is taking FOREVER. I have tried it on two separate laptops. I am using the adobe installer for the creative cloud and it has been over an hour and counting. Canceling the download and resuming does not help. The progress bar is at a quarter of the way and that is leaps and bounds beyond where it got on my other laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bertog123498765 please try utilizing the steps listed in; Error "Failed to Install" Creative Cloud Desktop application - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html to reinstall the Creative Cloud Desktop application or Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I wish I did have an error message but it is simply not installing. I have tried checking to see if it is a firewall or antivirus problem but can't seem to find what is causing the issue but thanks for the suggestion. I have read many similar accounts online. This is the first time I have experienced it while download the creative cloud apps. Last time I did this a few months ago, I was done with several apps in the blink of an eye. This time it is taking forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bertog123498765 I would recommend reviewing the download logs referenced in; Error downloading Creative Cloud applications - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error-downloading-cc-apps.html for the exact errors which may be delaying the download process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines