Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where does Robohelp 9 store its dictionary?

Nov 28, 2012 4:55 AM

Hi all,

I have found several references to a file called added.clam but it seems that RH9 does not use it any more..

Robert

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 1:13 AM   in reply to robert-sfl

I believe it shares its dictionary with other Adobe apps so look in other Adobe folders.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 2:21 AM   in reply to robert-sfl

Funilly enough I spent some time yesterday evening trying to track the file down. I added a custom word to my dictionary and searched all files in the Program Files and Application Data folders and got no results. Where ever the thing is, it is well hidden.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 4:11 AM   in reply to RoboColum(n)

On Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics\Dictionaries\R oboHelp Personal Dictionary

RoboHelp still uses the added.clam file. Whenever I add a word to the dictionary, the file is updated. I can even find words I added in the file. (Not all though, the file is rather garbled.)

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 1:29 PM   in reply to Willam van Weelden

Thanks, William, for posting the path. I never would have thought looked there! What I have (in RH10) is a subfolder called en_US, and then in there are files called added.txt and exceptions.txt. The added.txt file contains each of the words I've added to the dictionary, with no spaces between them. (There are numerous folders for other languages, too, each with a 0 KB added.txt file and exceptions.txt file.)

<PS> This also explains why when I added "e-mail" for a product whose product manager prefers it that way, it's marked wrong in the product in which I use "email" (because that product manager prefers it that way). I'd prefer to have project-specific dictionaries for cases like that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points