Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

The editing "Guided" mode of Photoshop Elements 11 not works!

Nov 28, 2012 6:24 AM

Tags: #photoshop #line #mode #elements #11 #hangs #progress #guided

Using the editing "Guided" mode of Photoshop Elements 11 the working progress line hangs at 75% and Guided mode not works  ! The "Quick" and "Expert" mode, instead, working well.

Attention, please! I specify that I use Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5  and I don't have AntiVirus or Firewall actived... I have already tried to delete all Preferences, all Elements 11 cache folders, etc., tried to uninstall and re-install the Software... but without success. I hope that you can help me.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 28, 2012 6:36 AM   in reply to Dottor Vincenzo

Can you go to the following path :

Harddisk\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\11.0\Locale\<locale>\Workflow Panels.

If you can go to this path, please see if guidededit.swf file is present or not?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 7:22 AM   in reply to Dottor Vincenzo

are you able to use any of the simple guided edits like "brightness and contrast" or "enhance colors"?

At what step does the PSE11 guided edit hangs? Is it at the main guided edit screen where all the guided edits are placed, or is it while working with some particular guided edit?

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 28, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to Dottor Vincenzo

Can you see the three tabs? Can you click on the downward pointing arrowhead symbols to expand and contract in order to show or hide the options?

If not try resetting the saved prefs by going to:

Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor >> Preferences >> General

Click the button to rebuild the prefs on next launch of the application.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 8:48 AM   in reply to Dottor Vincenzo

So the swf is correct. It's not corrupted. But you are not able to see those three categories (the ones you mentioned in point 5) in Editor. Right??

One more question.. From where did you install? Is it the dvd or the online download version??

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 28, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to Dottor Vincenzo

Try updating Flash to 11.5

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 10:31 PM   in reply to Dottor Vincenzo

I have the same problem, if you create a new user on the mac and launch photoshop elements 11, the guided option works perfectly, buy if you come back to the first user the guided mode stops at 75% again. Can anyone help?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 11:39 AM   in reply to Jaug1219

Hello Jaug, welcome to the Adobe forums. Please review the following:

FAQ: New User Accounts, or What about all my stuff?

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 29, 2012 2:25 PM   in reply to Dottor Vincenzo

I would suggest starting a chat session regarding hanging at 75%

Initially chat will commence with Adobe installation team but request transfer to technical support team.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 7:55 AM   in reply to Dottor Vincenzo

Dottor, for most people the Guided edit mode works just fine. What we want to do is figure out why it's not working on your system.

It does not seem that you have tried to run the application while in a new user account (a solution that has worked for Jaug above). Does this work for you?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 3:10 PM   in reply to Dottor Vincenzo

OK, interesting and strange, but at least we're getting somewhere.

First, in your preferences folder, it strange that the Organizer preference file name ends in UUID, that should not be there (the rest of the name is correct). Stranger still is that it contains a reference to PSE8. There shouldn't be a key like that, there should be a whole other list instead.

But neither this, nor the other file in Preferences has anything to do with the behavior of the Editor.

It's interesting that there were system level files and/or folders not created when launching on your normal user account. This suggests there are permission issues on your normal account, something that is blocking access to create files at certain locations on your hard drive.

Have you tried repairing disk permissions with Disk Utility? Not sure if it will solve this, but it couldn't hurt.

There's more stuff to try here: Troubleshoot unexpected behavior | User account-specific | Adobe software | Mac OS

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 7:20 AM   in reply to Dottor Vincenzo

Dear Dr Vincenzo

I share with you my disapointement with the support received from Adobe. They have good software, but it is expensive and when we face issues like that they treat us as if we were guilty for their problems.

If you can find the sulution (I will try also from my side) we share it to many other disapointed users.

Regards and good luck.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points