Skip navigation
Bartek_86
Currently Being Moderated

Information about locked frames at master pages are missing?

Nov 28, 2012 8:26 AM

Tags: #cs4 #crash #locked #frames #cs6 #indesign_cs6_crash

I have noticed that when I updated few files from CS to CS6, Indesign started to crash very often. It happens when I try to move few frames.

I came to the conclusion that CS6 is loosing information about some locked frames at master pages during file update to CS6. It looks like frames are still locked even though I can't see that. It means that I can't do anything with this secret-locked frames, because every single time Indesign crash.

Is it only my problem? Any solution or should I just flush all my old files to the toilet?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 28, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to Bartek_86

whether or not locked frames are selectable is a preference choice, and it's not selectable by default.

As far as the crash, that could be a lot of things. Some files just don't update well (mostly files originally from CS4 or earlier) when opened directly. I make a habit of exporting all files I intend to update to either .inx or .idml form the original version, then open that in the new version and save with a new name. A file that's crashing when you try to work may also benefit from a trip through .idml. See Remove minor corruption by exporting

To help you more with the crash problem we need to know if you have installed the latest update for InDesign and waht is your operating system.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to Bartek_86

Edit > Preferences > General... Under Object Editing uncheck the box for Prevent Selection of Locked Objects.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 4:14 AM   in reply to Bartek_86

That sounds like a corrupt file. Try Remove minor corruption by exporting

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers