Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 28, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to Santarossa spa

What operating system?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 2:50 AM   in reply to Santarossa spa

Did it ever work? Is your default printer network or local, and is it turned on?

If you create a new user, does it work when you log in using the new account?

Unfortunately windows doesn't provide useful crash logging for ID, so we need to guess. My memory is that this used to be caused by SING ( see SING Removal) but SING was removed from CS6, supposedly though maybe the plugins are stil there for use with legacy files. It can also be casued by bad prefs ( see Replace Your Preferences) or a bad font (Troubleshoot font problems | Windows) in addition to the account and printer problems mentioned above.

You'll find a lot of threads about this if you google  site:forums.adobe.com "starting up service registry" InDesign

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 5:37 AM   in reply to Santarossa spa

Try changing the default printer temporarily to something local ( and online). Even the Adobe PDF virtual printer (if Acrobat Pro was installed) should work.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 4:36 AM   in reply to Santarossa spa

How did you verify that the problem is in CoolType.dll?

Do you use a font manager?

Trying a brand new user is a very important diagnostic step. It distinguishes betweeen general problems (system or application) and problems isolated to a particular user account. That makes fixing the problem a lot easier.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 9:42 AM   in reply to Santarossa spa

I suspect that could mean a bad font rather than a corrupt .dll file. Windows reports are not very helpful.

Did you try resetting the prefs?

And have a look at the font troubleshooting link I also posted above.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 6:14 AM   in reply to Santarossa spa

OK, if it doesn't work in a new user that means it's at the system level somewhere, probably back to either a bad font or a damaged install. If you've done the font trooubleshooting, I think you should probably uninstall, then run the clean tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3) and reinstall. Before reinstalling I would recommend running MSConfig and truning off all non-essential startup programs and services, then run it again after the install to restore normal startup.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points