Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

removing light reflex in part of the frame of video

Nov 28, 2012 9:13 PM

Tags: #image #correction #light #reflex

Hi

I need to remove some light reflex in my video (sample picture below).

I cannot open the AVI / MOV files in Adobe Photoshop Elements 10. Is there a chance to make this correction (limited to the small part of the image) using Adobe Premiere Elements 10 or Adobe Premiere Pro CS6?

How should I do it? These are some 3 frames.

Best regards,

Michal

Untitled.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 8:10 PM   in reply to Michalek1478

What exactly am I looking for here?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 10:00 PM   in reply to Michalek1478

I don't see any 'artifacts' as such in the image.  All I see over overexposed areas, which you really can't do anything about.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 12:00 AM   in reply to Michalek1478

Was the camera on a tripod?

If so, you can easily mask out that part of the frame and use the Levels effect to cut the glare..

Because of the horizontal portion, you probably need to use the 16 point garbage matte. There are actually 9 points so the 8 point mask won't do the job as well. You could use a track matte, but it won't allow you to animate it as easily if it is necessary.

I put the image on track 1 and a copy on track 2. I applied the garbage matte effect and the levels effect to track two.

Capture.PNG

window glare.png.jpg

If the camera was not on a tripod, you can animate the matte but it is going to take a lot longer.

I created my matte with both images showing, but if I poke out the eye on track one this is what I see:

Capture.PNG

Did I understand it correctly? Is this what you wanted to do? I didn't make the window frame too dark. You can still see some highlights, which is as it should be, I think.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points