Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Importing After Effects Intro to Encore CS5

Nov 29, 2012 6:16 AM

I have created a motion intro in AE with music  that I want to precede the actual Encore menu where play button will appear.

My idea is to have this intro play until its completion  and immediately be followed by the Encore menu which will hold until the play button is clicked.

I thought of doing the following and want to know if it will work or if there is a better way to do it.

I will render the intro in After Effects as an AVI file so I can include the music.

(I don't want to import the music as a separate file as it has to play at a certain point during the intro.)

In Encore I will use the blank preset menu and to it I will link the AE intro.

I will then go to encore and save the menu as a PSD.

I will create a second menu in Encore with the play button and will link the first menu to it and the play button to the actual video.

What do you think?  Am I  in the right track?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to videope

So you are proposing 2 menus, one without buttons as an intro, and another with the button?

The two most common ways are:

Using an introductory movie: you export your AE intro as a video with the audio. You create a timeline for it. The end action of the timeline is the main menu with its buttons.

Using a loop point in a motion menu.

Since you do not appear to want any motion in your menu, I would use the introductory movie. It can look like your menu, but I see no need to add it to a menu.

I will render the intro in After Effects as an AVI file so I can include the music.

There is no reason to export from AE only to have Encore transcode it. If you use the introductory video method, just export it from AE as MPEG2-DVD. Encore really prefers the separate files (m2v and wav or a3c); there is no sync issue unless something is done wrong.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points