Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ReExported Assets for Encore have changed - Timeline hash marks

Nov 29, 2012 7:26 AM

Tags: #clips #project #timeline #gaps #hash

Ok, I have an hour long video that I did a rough cut for a customer in PP and then used Encore to build the menu and create the DVD.  Now I've gone back and made my edits in PP, cleaned up the audio and re-exported to the same file names that I used in Encore.

Obviously, the clips are now different sizes.  What do I do in Encore to get rid of the HASH marks now that are telling me that my clips are shorter?  If I play the time line all works ok, but obvioiusly the hash marks are blank space that take up time that I'd like to remove.  I tried dragging the end of the clip to the left to take out the hash, howver the 12 clips to the right don't slide along with it (as I would want the chapeter marks to as well).  Is there a mode I'm not seeing that says to delete hash and shift all clips (video and audio) left?

Dan

Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 9.24.33 AM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 7:52 AM   in reply to dkardell

I think the consensus here is that, when creating "scene" size videos in PR, make each its own timeline, and  use a playlist for the "play all" option.

I have not tested, and particularly not where the videos are on one timeline, but I would try this using the "replace asset" and NOT using the same filenames. Encore creates too many problems when things don't update with the same names.

No, I do not think there is a mode/function that makes this adjustment easy.

If I had one or two changed videos, I think I would do the manual adjustments. If I had a change to 8 or 9 out of 12, and relatively simple navigation, I'd start over (you can import the menus, but not the navigation).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 6:47 PM   in reply to dkardell

I would really like to stick with one timeline,

I just really don't see anywhere in the documentation where it addresses what to do with HASH marks.  I know what it means I just don't see how to "fix" it.

Sorry; I thought you already "got" it. Just drag as you did to reduce each clip to its new length. Then drag all the rest. Redo the chapter markers.

There's just no easy way.

I don't know if it says that in the documentation or not.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points