Skip navigation
andreea120
Currently Being Moderated

how to export a transparent image  background for the web

Nov 29, 2012 7:55 AM

Tags: #adobe #fireworks_cs5

Hi Everyone

I have made a mock up webpage in adobe fireworks 5. I am  now in the process of using the slice tool to cut up the seperate parts and export them to dreamwever.

My question is this: how do i slice the images in such a way that the background is transparent .

Also,  when exporting the image that i have just made trasparent,  what do i need to do to expot it as a transparent background.

warm regards

Andreea

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 1:36 PM   in reply to andreea120

You can choose a transparent background for a new or existing file. From the Fireworks menu MODIFY > CANVAS > CANVAS COLOR > TRANSPARENT. The transparency will not survive if you expert as a jpg. Export as File Format PNG 8 and in Image Preview select Alpha Transparency. (I don't know why you want it transparent. Do you have some other background on your html page that you want to show behind your Fireworks PNG images?)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 3:21 AM   in reply to andreea120

When you're ready to transfer your Fireworks layout to DW select FILE > Image Preview. In Options select Format PNG8 and beneath the color grid change the No Transparency dropdown to Alpha Transparency.

Click the Export button, name your file, choose the destination location, and in the dropdowns select Export > HTML and Images, HTML > Export HTML File, Slices > Export Slices, Pages > All Pages. (Also some choices may be handy for you in the Options button including Background Image for the exported file.)

PNG can be used, just as JPG, TIFF, PICT, BMP and GIF, all of which are in your Options > Format dropdown list.

Generally JPG is better for files that have gradients, GIF for simple images and text, but they don't do transparency so the larger PNG file is necessary for that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points