Skip navigation
Deenakim423
Currently Being Moderated

Help importing After Effects file to Flash

Nov 29, 2012 8:16 AM

Tags: #flash #after_effects #swf_not_opening #flv_to_swf

I am making a web banner for my company to submit to another company who will be uploading it for us on the web. We have the file in After Effects and I have imported it to Flash using both a swf file and then as a FLV file. In both versions, it opens great on my computer because the source file is connected to the resulting SWF. However, when I submit just the SWF file to the company, they cannot open it. They only see a blank white banner.

What am I doing wrong?

The file size has to be under 40K, so I have to use the method that I had been doing - FLV from After Effects to Flash - which makes a 36K SWF. However, it just won't open on anyone's computer and I can't send both the FLV source file and the resulting SWF to the company because they can only use the SWF.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 12:52 PM   in reply to Deenakim423

- Export the video from AE to a FLV video file

- Open a new Flash document at the same frame rate and correct size for your banner

- In Flash, File->Import->Import to Stage, select the .flv video file produced by AE

- Select "Embed FLV in SWF and play in timeline", click Next

- Symbol type: Embedded Video, leave all 3 boxes checked (instance on stage, expand timeline, include audio), click Next

- Click Finish

You will see your FLV on the timeline. If you wish it to loop, do nothing but File->Publish if the version of Flash Player selection is fine.

If you don't want it to loop then insert a new layer in the Timeline. On the last frame of the video in the new layer above right-click on that frame and insert a blank keyframe. Click that blank keyframe, open your Actions panel (F9). Put this code:

stop();

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 6:36 AM   in reply to Deenakim423

That's exactly what the process above will do. Note the step:

- Select "Embed FLV in SWF and play in timeline"

What that means is store the video inside the SWF itself. You will only have a single SWF file when done. You do not need the FLV externally.

I can embed it and give you a SWF with the FLV embedded to prove it if you like. Just shoot me a private message with a download link to the FLV and tell me which version of Flash Player you'd like to target. I will use the instructions above and produce a single SWF that plays the video with no further files needed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points