Skip navigation
ret1rd1
Currently Being Moderated

Bevel and Emboss

Nov 29, 2012 9:36 AM

I am a relative novice at CS6. I am using the software to paint, not retouch photographs. I cannot make the B and E layer style work. The other styles work and I suspect there is something basic about this one that I am missing. Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 11:22 AM   in reply to ret1rd1

Perhaps a screenshot might help? Could be anything from your layers being transparent to something with blending modes/ layer blending settings/ effect belnding settings...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 1:03 PM   in reply to ret1rd1

There is no screenshot in your last message.

Make sure you are using the web interface (not email) and add the photo with the photo button at the top of the message editor.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to ret1rd1

I hate to keep prodding you for more info, but please show everything, including the Layers panel and the effects for that gray squiggles layer.  Ideally a shot of your entire screen with everything visible.

To the best of my knowledge there isn't a common, known problem that causes something like what you're describing.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 9:20 AM   in reply to ret1rd1

Make sure you are using the web interface (not email) and add the photo with the photo button at the top of the message editor.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 9:47 AM   in reply to ret1rd1

The highlight is set to multiply by white. Multiplying by white does nothing. It's like multiplying any number by 1.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to ret1rd1

If you leave the settings as they are and change your settings under Shading, specifically not having the Altitude zero, you should see some results on the screen.

Untitled-1.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points