Skip navigation
NSCC_MacTech
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe InDesign CS6 Plugin does not recognize .InDesignPlugin as a valid plugin

Nov 29, 2012 11:07 AM

Tags: #error #adobe #indesign #cs6

Adobe CS6 fully updated with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

I have two complete labs that now have the below error messages when the user login. This suddenly started just a few days ago. No Adobe updates were applied to the lab in the labs month so it should not be related to an Adobe Update. With a couple test Macs I've made sure to have all OS X updates & Adobe updates applied and no luck. I've  also gone as far as reinstalling the InDesign application separately with no change and then re-installing the entire CS 6 Suite with no change.

I've found search results with similar issues but with CS 5/5.5 and can not seem to find a solution or what caused this issue in the first place. My next step is to try uninstalling the entire Adobe CS 6 Suite and re-install. Hopefully by removing all Adobe files will help with a new install fix the issue.

Anyone else have any luck with a fix or even see this issue before?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 1.06.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 1.06.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 1.06.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 1.06.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 1.06.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 1.06.29 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 6:06 AM   in reply to NSCC_MacTech

I am having the same issue. I am building a new image and installed with AAMEE 3.1. Any luck with the uninstall/reinstall?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to NSCC_MacTech

Giving full permissions (777) to just the /Applications/Adobe InDesig/Plug-Ins still resulted in one error being displayed. Giving full permissions to the entire Application folder resulted in the same. The specific plugin referenced is showing full 777 permissions and proper ownership. I will try pulling in the file from a working machine to see if it changes anything. Thanks for the help.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 7:16 AM   in reply to NSCC_MacTech

I did, it looks like that plugin was actually corrupted. Replacing it with a known working version did the trick.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to radartaco_

I was also having this exact same issue when using AAMEE 3.1. I took the suggestion of replacing the plugin folder with a known working copy and this fixed the plugin errors. Thank you all for your help!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points