Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there anyway to get more Pantone books into InDesign

Nov 29, 2012 3:02 PM

Hello,

I was working on a document and one of the Pantone colors I wanted to use was from the Premium Metallic book Pantone 10121 C

Since this didn't exist, I faked it our for now, but what is the easiest way to get these kinds of color books into InDesign?

Thanks

babs

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to iBabs2

Hello babs,

If you have the "PANTONE+ Premium Metallics Coated.ase" file,  it simply goes into the ID application, Presets, Swatch Libraries folder.

Then load them into the swatch panel in ID.

Take care, Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 3:21 PM   in reply to iBabs2

Not sure what you mean by faked it out. Since you can't really render the metallics on screen anyway, I'd probably just create a new spot swatch and assign a CMYK mix that looks something like it, then name it Pantone 10121 C and forget trying to load a color book. That way the custom spot will make a plate with the right name for prepress and they'll love you forever.

If another book can be added, I'd guess the Pantone website would be the place to start. They do have some downloads for that sort of thing for Illustrator, I believe, and there may be some stuff for ID as well.

|
    Mark as:
  • Rob Day
    3,118 posts
    Oct 16, 2007
    Nov 30, 2012 4:52 AM   in reply to iBabs2

Here's a .zip archive with the metallic swatch book, which goes in Presets>Swatch Libraries. And also a metallic swatch chart.

http://www.zenodesign.com/forum/PantoneMetalics.zip

|
    Mark as:
  • Rob Day
    3,118 posts
    Oct 16, 2007
    Nov 30, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to iBabs2

Sorry, I wasn't reading carefully, your premium 10121 swatch is not in the library I uploaded.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 6:45 AM   in reply to iBabs2

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2013 8:32 AM   in reply to iBabs2

I don't know about you, but for me, Program Files/Adobe/Illustrator/Presets/en_US/Swatches/Color books has all the Pantone books.  You simply have to load other library.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points