• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID error must use "Adobe ID that hasn’t previously been used to authorize any other computer"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing some testing and screenshots for my public library right now. After upgrading from ADE 1.7 to 2.0 on an authorized machine, I pressed CTRL + SHIFT + D in order to deauthorize. I then attempted to add the exact same Adobe ID to the computer and a get this error message.

"You can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn’t previously been used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices. Please try again."

This is bizzare and goes against my understanding of ADE. In 1.7, you could use the same Adobe ID on any combination of (6) device. This seems to be suggesting that my Adobe ID must be original each time one authorizes. My questions are:

• Does this really mean one needs to make a new Adobe ID every time you use CTRL + SHIFT + D?
  • What happens to hold DRM ebooks on your computer that were tied to the Adobe ID that ADE 2.0 won't accept?

If anyone has any insights on this, I'd love to hear them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

No.  You previously authorized the computer anonymously, and you can only 'upgrade' an anonymous user to one that hasn't been used before.

You can either de-authorize the anonymous user (and lose all access to content tied to that user), or you can use a brand new AdobeID that hasn't been used for ebooks before.

If you just activated anonymously by mistake and don't have any content yet, you most likely want to deactivate and start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  You previously authorized the computer anonymously, and you can only 'upgrade' an anonymous user to one that hasn't been used before.

You can either de-authorize the anonymous user (and lose all access to content tied to that user), or you can use a brand new AdobeID that hasn't been used for ebooks before.

If you just activated anonymously by mistake and don't have any content yet, you most likely want to deactivate and start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was able to resolve the problem by de-authorizing the Anonymous login. I swtiched to Anonymous (from not-authorized) in order to get screenshots of ebook downloading.

So, for anyone else who get this error, do the following:

1. Open ADE 2.0
  2. Press CTRL + SHIFT + D (or Command + SHIFT + D on a Mac)
  3. Follow steps to deauthorize device.
  4. Go ahead and authorize ADE 2.0 with an existing Adobe ID by selecting "Help > Authorize Computer..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx mate, I've wasted two hours trying to fix this problem. Followed your advice and it worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines