Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements Help | Add a watermark to photos

Nov 29, 2012 6:12 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 6:12 PM   in reply to Community Help

Hi! When I go to "Process Files From drop-down list" and then to  "select Opened Files" it is grayed out and not selectable. Please advise. Thanks! Z

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,810 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 6:08 AM   in reply to ajackson0109

The images need to be open in the Editor e.g. showing in the photo bin. Create a new folder for your watermarked images. Then click File >> Process Multiple Files

Add your text in the caption/watermark field on the right.

Select open images as the source

Select your new folder as the destination (that will prevent originals being overwritten)

Then click OK

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 6:24 AM   in reply to ajackson0109

Consider making a watermark brush. The information on the brush can be applied anywhere on the photo, i.e. you don't have the constraints of Process Multiple Files.

http://kb2.adobe.com/community/publishing/851/cpsid_85114.html

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to Community Help

It watermark appears in a separate file. I selected the photo followed the instructions and opened up the file I placed on my desktop for the photos and I have the photo without the watermark and a file with the watermark only. What did I do wrong?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2012 1:02 PM   in reply to Longifolia
    1. Open a new, empty folder on your desktop. This will be the destination folder
    2. Go to the folder containing the picture files (the source folder)

which you want to watermark.Open them. You should see them in the project bin

Go to File>process multiple files>Labels>watermak. Enter the text, etc

1. Under destination, navigate to the folder created in step #1
    2. OK

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to hatstead

I have done that a dozen times. When I open up the new file I have the photo I was trying to watermark with nothing on it. And a PSD file with my watermark. How do I get tithe watermark on the photo.

Veronica C. Berton

Sent from my iPhone

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2012 1:49 PM   in reply to Longifolia

I take it that you want to watermark only one picture file at a time. If so, you can simply open your picture file and use the Type tool.

1. Open the picture file
    2. Access the Type tool.
    3. Select your font and the font color, which should contrast with the background. On the tool's option bar, select the pt size - - you are not limited to the sizes in the drop-down - - you can enter a larger size if needed
    4. Position the text.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to hatstead

This is very frustrating I do not use photoshop. all that much beyond the basic because I want to take a class to better understand this software. I found your most recent direction on the web also, once again I get so far and cannot complete the task.

When you say Assess the tool. The only place I see tools are along the left side. Is this the correct place and do I select anyone of them? If this is not the right place then where do I look? I see nothing that says Assess tools or tools in any of the drop downs

When I select one of them I can adjust the tool but can not find how to change font or color.

A lot of the instructions on the web are written as I the person knows the software somewhat.

Thank you for any additional help for a true beginner to your software.  

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 2:50 PM   in reply to Longifolia

Worked exactly per the instructions!  Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 5:19 PM   in reply to Nathan Vance

You're welcome. Glad to help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 9:59 AM   in reply to hatstead

Great instructions - one question - using this method, how do you change the opacity?

Open the picture file

Access the Type tool.

Select your font and the font color, which should contrast with the background. On the tool's option bar, select the pt size - - you are not limited to the sizes in the drop-down - - you can enter a larger size if needed

Position the text.

Thx for help!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 10:34 AM   in reply to Bike For Life

In the layers palette:

Capture.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 11:32 AM   in reply to hatstead

doh...wasn't thinking - thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2013 8:08 PM   in reply to Community Help

I am having problems putting a watermark on my pictures.  When I do it in the process multiple files option, my font comes out incredibly small, even thought i put the font size to 72 pt.  What can i do to fix this??

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 4:00 AM   in reply to brookekurban13

There are two variables here, viz. the pt. size and the resolution of the picture file.

Unfortunately, you can't go above 72 in the "process multiple files" dialog.

When employing the type tool, you can exceed the 72 pt value by typing in a larger number, but that is not a batch process.

Consider making a watermark brush. This is very versatile.

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61706

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 7:13 AM   in reply to hatstead

So how would I change the resolution of my file? Does the change how my picture looks at all? Would that fix my problem at all? I like the way I can put my water mark on all my pictures in one easy step. But like I said it comes out incredibly small.

Sent from my iPhone

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 8:53 AM   in reply to brookekurban13

Go to Image>resize>image size. You can ascertain the resolution in this dialog.

For web work, 72 px/in is ok. For printing, 240-300px/in is the recommended range, although I have printed below 240 with good result.

Try resampling  copies of a few of the picture files  to see how they look., then batch process the watermark.

Unless you have a very large number of files that are candidates for the watermark, a brush is the way to go in my opinion. You can apply the watermark with a simple left click, place it where you want, use the font color of choice, and enlarge or reduce the watermark size readilty with the bracket keys on the keyboard, as with any brush. And the brush is there to use again on subsequent sessions!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 7:13 PM   in reply to hatstead

Thanks so much for your help! I tried the stamp idea and loved it!

Sent from my iPhone

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2013 2:37 AM   in reply to brookekurban13

You're welcome. Glad to help!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2013 8:37 AM   in reply to Community Help

I am using elements ten and can not find the expert thing to click on.?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to kemasan

Where in this thread does it refer to an "expert thing?"

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to hatstead

Step number two , click expert

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to kemasan

The article that this thread is in response to has thirteen steps, step two is click expert. Can not find anywhere the expert thing to click.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to kemasan

Expert is up at the top of the screen if you are using PSE 11. If you're using an older version, click Edit>Full.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 5:13 AM   in reply to Community Help

When I use Watermark by Processing multiple files I want our company color used for the watermark. I enter the RGB codes for the color and click OK. On 2 folders this works great, with the 3rd folder the font is a comlete other color eventough I used the same RGB code. What am I doing wrong? the colorcode is 242, 8, 132

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 5:16 AM   in reply to Community Help

When I use Processing multiple files for adding a Watermark I want the watermark to appear in our own company color. So at Color I fill out the RGB code 242, 8, 132 and click OK. On 2 folders it worked perfectly, but when I did exactly the same routine on the 3 folder the fonts showed up in a strange brown/orange color instead of the magenta I wanted. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 5:18 AM   in reply to BBA-Ellen

Sorry, I see my question appears twice. First I got a notification I couldn't log in. So I tried again. not knowing the first one also was published.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points