Skip navigation
JayTinkler
Currently Being Moderated

Batch Process web photos

Nov 29, 2012 7:37 PM

Tags: #fireworks #batch_process

Hey all,

I am looking for a way to batch process over 900 photos to fit within a 238 x 229 white box. I have already run a batch to "fit in size" but because all the images are different shapes, I need to find a way to batch a white background to them so all of them end up being the same size but most will either sit within a white box top and bottom or left and right.

The main problem I am finding is centring them within the box. I have been able to write a command that gives the white box but none of them are centred. How can I centre them to canvas and record that script?

Any help would be sooooooooo appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to JayTinkler

The following align commands might work, if the object to be centered has been selected first.

fw.getDocumentDOM().align('center horizontal','true');

fw.getDocumentDOM().align('center vertical','true');

When you're stuck on something like this, try performing the action in Fireworks, then having a look at the History panel. In this case, I created an object on the canvas, then used the Align panel to align the object horizontally and vertically (choosing the 'Relative to Canvas' option). Then I went to the History panel, selected the two Command Script steps, and chose 'Copy steps to clipboard'.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/fireworks/cs/extend/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63 e3d1183c94856c-7f4b.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points