Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Installation InDesign CS6 keeps failing (Creative Cloud)

Nov 29, 2012 11:45 PM

The installation InDesign CS6 keeps failing (Creative Cloud), even after a new download, manual install and restart/shutdown Mac (OSX 10.8.2).

No error code is given (blank file)...

Edit 1: same issue for Photoshop...

Edit 2: same issue for Illustrator...

Muse, Edge, Acrobat XI, Creative Cloud Connection, Touch Apps Plugins all went fine.

Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 08.29.35.PNG

Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 08.29.43.PNG

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 2:31 AM   in reply to daniel.benjamins

We well need some install logs.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to daniel.benjamins

I am sorry Daniel.benjamins but the information given to you by our support team was incorrect.  You should be able to install the products in trial mode even if you did not have a subscription.  Do you have a case number which I can reference to provide feedback to the agent you worked with and their supervisor?

For the install log you posted you have included the PDApp.log file which does not give us any indications as to why your installation has failed.  Please see the document referenced by Mylenium in message #1.  The document provides complete information on how to review and interpret the product install log.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 11:43 AM   in reply to daniel.benjamins

You are correct the main install logs should be located in Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers.  If you do not have this folder then it is possible you faced a failure prior to even being able to run the product installer.  I would recommend you try downloading a trial of the software to see if you face the same difficulty.  You can use the option to License this Software and enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription after you have installed.

If the trial software installs successfully then you may want to look at security or firewall software which might be interfering with the download process in the Adobe Application Manager.

Again I apologize for the incorrect information which you were given and have provided feedback to the support agent which you worked with.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 11:52 AM   in reply to daniel.benjamins

Is the installation failing prior to clicking on the install button?  Can you please try running the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to see if it is able to determine the cause of your failure.

In addition there is a package for support option.  If you can post to this thread with the token number myself or another Adobe employee can review your installation logs when we have a moment.  You may also want to consider contacting our support team for direct assistant.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 12:52 PM   in reply to daniel.benjamins

I am seeing multiple failures of being able to write to /private/tmp/.  This would indicate that your current user account does not have sufficient permissions to write to this directory.  Please try adjusting the permissions to this folder, and all sub-folders, or try a newly created administrator account.  Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html provides information on how to modify your permissions.

Prior to installing please locate your Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers folder and delete the files which are located there.  I know you have mentioned that you were unable to locate this directory but the support advisor did package up the logs which you had contained there.  This will make it easier to determine any additional failures if the install process is not successful.  At the moment I am reviewing logs from all of your installation attempts.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 9:24 AM   in reply to daniel.benjamins

Excellent thank you for the update Daniel!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points