Skip navigation
Twihost
Currently Being Moderated

No audio on my project (Premiere Elements 10)

Nov 30, 2012 2:50 AM

I am working on a video and i am up to putting in the audio. I put the music in the timeline and when i press play theres a bar that scrolls across it but theres no sound. I checked the audio mixer and when it plays there are no green bars going up and down. Please help? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 5:11 AM   in reply to Twihost

Where did your audio file come from?

What format is it?

What happens if you plan the file in the free download Audacity?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 7:49 AM   in reply to Twihost

Welcome to the forum.

Along with Steve's questions, which Audio Track did you drag the Clip to?

Do you get Audio, from a known good file, such as one of your system's WAV file?

This article goes into some general Audio settings: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3887210#3887210

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 8:57 AM   in reply to Twihost

After opening it in Audacity, go to the File menu and select Export As... a WAV.

This WAV will work perfectly in Premiere Elements.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 2:31 PM   in reply to Twihost

MP3's can function perfectly, but many can cause problems. Per Steve's suggestions, also see this article for handling problematic MP3's: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4146900#4146900

Also, though they work most of the time, some users have experienced issues with the two Fixed Audio Tracks: Narration and Soundtrack. It seems to be a Project-specific problem, when it does occur, and most of those users have done Projects, where there are no issues - but, when they do arise, the "fix" has usually been to Move the problem Clips from Narration, or Soundtrack, to one of the regular Audio Tracks, that is empty. It might be necessary to create a new Audio Track, if you do not have any empty ones, in your Project.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points