Skip navigation
andreea120
Currently Being Moderated

my navigation bar, created in Fireworks does not work when exported to dreamweaver

Nov 29, 2012 10:59 PM

Tags: #adobe #dreamweaver #fireworks #slices

Hello everyone.

i created a navigation bar in fireworks. i then used the State to create two diffrent version of it: STATE 1 has a white background and STATE 2 has a black background.

I then used the slice tool to cut up the diffrent sections of the navation bar. i then selected each of the individual  buttons, right clicked my mouse, and added "a simple roll over affect .

it worked perfectly . i even tested it in a brower and it was perfect.

However, when i exported it to dreamweaver  the rollover stopped working:  exported as "images and html"   and then  used the INSERT = IMAGE OBJECTS = FIREWORKS HTML to insert it into a specific spot. i then uploaded everything to the server.

Is there anything that i missed out in this process. for example, is the page suppose to be made javascript ready.

i note that when i  place the mouse over the images, the mouse changes into a hand shape, thus denoting that the brower is aware that there is suppose to be a link there.

any advice woud be really appriciated.

warm regards

Andreea

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 12:09 PM   in reply to andreea120

Have a look at the code for the page to make sure your images are actually located where the browser is looking for them. If your site wasn't properly defined in Dreamweaver, the browser might be looking for them on your hard drive.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 2:24 PM   in reply to andreea120

Can you post a link to the page on your server so we can have a look?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 1:46 AM   in reply to andreea120

If you download and install the Web Developer extension for firefox <http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer> You will be able to easily validate the page code. My suggestion? Do not use Fireworks code. Create your graphics in Fireworks, but assemble the pages in Dreamweaver.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 2:57 AM   in reply to andreea120

Hi Andreea,

There are dozens of tutorials on youtube for them. Here's one to try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfwV2E6hyKM

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points