• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get character Width?

Contributor ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an application written using Flex converted  from Flex 3 to 4.5. It has bullet list functionality. I had seen one post (url is not remb now.) during development to include bullet in text flow. What that post suggesting is, include bullet character at first line and add indentation to first line and to paragraph. i.e. First line indentation is -18 and paragraph indent is 18. so that this will appear as bulleted paragraph.

My problem is, I am not able to manage number of spaces between bullet character and next character for different font-family and fontsize. I tried to find character width but no luck (not able to find api), I need expert advice.

Is there anything to get font matrix so that I can find width of space and adjust the spaces number and indentation.

Thanks,

Vikram

TOPICS
Developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

The resulting TextLines should have APIs to help you get widths of the ā€œatomsā€.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which text controls are you using in 4.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Text Layout Framework 2. I have drawn text field using TextFlow and container controller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resulting TextLines should have APIs to help you get widths of the ā€œatomsā€.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You very much. The help you provided solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines