Skip navigation
AutoCADguy
Currently Being Moderated

Export quality of CS6 compared to CS3

Nov 30, 2012 8:34 AM

Having had Premiere Pro CS3 for about 5 years I recently upgraded to CS6 but immediately found problems achieving the same kind of export quality I had before. Initially I was testing with a project created in CS3 but then simplified the matter by creating a new project in CS3 and entering a single piece of text and exporting as a single tiff frame and doing exactly the same in CS6 and attached is the comparison. I can't of the life of me figure out what the problem is, hopefully someone can help.

Thanks,

Keith.

Text.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 8:42 AM   in reply to AutoCADguy

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to AutoCADguy

I notice that both TIFF and Targa are less than perfect quality, but all the others seem to work fine.  Not sure why this is, but since PNG is a lossless format that also allows transparency, it's probably the best option to use.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 7:29 AM   in reply to AutoCADguy

Please provide a screen shot of your export settings. Perhaps there is something odd about them. It happens to a lot of people who make the change.

You didn't say what the purpose of the export was. For editing in another program, for YouTube, Vimeo, DVD?

If for the web, try one of the YouTube presets. H.264 at 8Mb/s.  Also, export at the same size as the original sequence.

-- Steven

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 9:53 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

If one uses Export Frame (the camera icon ) there are no export settings. It assumes the sequence settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 5:49 AM   in reply to AutoCADguy

Sequences within sequences is normal, and it is often the easiest way to change the sequence settings. Just create the new sequence and do one of two things. Copy everything from the old sequence into the new sequence, or merely take the sequence from the Project panel and drop it on the new timeline. The first method is great of you have more editing to do. The second is called "Nesting a sequence" and is used for all manner of things.

I don't know what is causing the problem, but since you have the solution, don't be at all concerned. It is most likely the correct solution.

I prefer to edit interlaced footage in an interlaced sequence and then export as progressive, but creating a progressive sequence will work too, There are differences between the two ways of doing this, but it only comes into play when the effects you put on interlaced footage takes the interlacing into account. Not many of those, so don't be concerned unless you see a problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points