Skip navigation
FlatheadBeacon
Currently Being Moderated

Caption setup window expanded off screen…Now stuck!

Nov 30, 2012 2:47 PM

Tags: #cs5.5 #indesign #window #caption #stuck

So I opened the Caption Setup Window and was playing around with the different options for including captions with my photos. I hit "OK" and later, when I went back into Caption setup, the window was huge and went way off the edge of my screen. The window is about 4 ft. long once I drag it all the way over so I can hit the "Ok" button.

Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 3.41.15 PM.png

I tried a new doc, restarting indesign and restarting my computer. This seems like a cool feature, but this bug is annoying. Is there any way to reset the window, so it isn't massive?

This is inDesign CS5.5 running Mountain Lion

Thanks,

Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 1, 2012 5:54 AM   in reply to FlatheadBeacon

With InDesign closed, try deleting the "current" workspace .xml files from your user library. The workspaces folder should be in Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/

This is a hidden folder since Lion was released, so if you don't know how to find it, see
    Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to FlatheadBeacon

Next thing I'd try is deleting the prefs. See Replace Your Preferences

Switching to one of the default workspaces might work, too, but I think it's unlikely. I might also try docking the panel with another, both by stacking it below another one as a "flotilla" and by adding it to a panel group. I'd do this after the prefs, though, as you risk making the other panels wider rather than reducing the width on this one.

Time machine might also be an option.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points