Skip navigation
1globetrotter
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver (part of CS6) will not run on 64 bit Windows 8 PC

Nov 30, 2012 8:23 PM

This package ran okay on my Windows 7 64 bit PC. I upgraded the Windows 7 PC to 64 bit Windows 8. Reinstalled all software including CS6. Dreamweaver will not start and comes up with a Error 7b. I have updated all the drivers  including the graphics card. It seems that all CS6 programs that load up in a 32 bit mode are suspect in Windows 8. I have downloaded and updated all Adobe programs but still a problem. Looking for ideas as Adobe help is only Monday to Friday.

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 1, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to 1globetrotter

7b is a hardware related STOP error from Windows.

Usually caused due to faulty installations.

Instead of re-installing, can you try cleaning all traces of installations of Adobe CS6 using CS Cleaner: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Then, install CS6 afresh? See if this fixes it.

Other than that, there have been no official reports of DW not running on 64bit Win 8.

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 1, 2012 4:08 PM   in reply to 1globetrotter

When you upgraded Win7 to Win8, was that process itself a clean install - meaning did you reformat the hard drive (or use a separate hard drive) thereby installing a fresh copy of Win 8?

I recently upgraded to Win 8 64bit as well, and from Win7 64bit, but I didn't want to run the risk of loosing access to any of my Win7 Apps or files should I find Win8 unbearable, so I ran the upgrade on a separate hard drive, which gave me the option to boot into either 7 or 8. Actually, Vista is on a third drive, left over from my Win7 upgrade in 2009. ;-)

I'm about 3 weeks in, and so far I have had no problems at all with any CS6 app on Windows 8. 8 seems faster, more responsive, but that could be because it's a new installation.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 2, 2012 1:43 AM   in reply to 1globetrotter

When I said earlier 7b is a hardware related error, it may also be a I/O control issue on your memory. We don't know where Windows is going wrong.

Can you try to see if there is an error report/ crash report from Event Viewer in Windows for DW? If so, can you post that here?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points