Skip navigation
kgui
Currently Being Moderated

A lot of FTP get/put problems using CS6

Dec 1, 2012 4:38 AM

Tags: #ftp

I switched from CS5 to CS6. CS6 is using my CS5 site definitions automaticcally, FTP access etc. These project definitions are working good in CS5, so they are also good on CS6.

But using FTP in CS6 gives me a lot of problems. It's neary unworkable sometimes. You never now when a upload succeded. You don't get an error message or a warning. Sometime you see on de FTP logs the message 'Canceled by the user'. I'm sure I never did that!.

If you click in the 'external server' window, to open a server folder, the system doesn't respond, and doesn't open the folder.

If you right click and say download, the systems respond, no file fouund on server.

What I do is to use F5,  reload, then it works shortly. I can upload / downland one or two files. And the same problems are starting again.

When the Adobe Application Manager is running in the background, downloading software or updates. Dreamweaver CS6 FTP has even more problems. I find it very irritating that you need to stop working while Adobe Application Manager is busy.

Other people experience these strange problems?

Pieter

I'm using Windows XP.

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 1, 2012 7:18 AM   in reply to kgui

Pieter,

Other people experience these strange problems?

Maybe yes, but not with the exact same symptoms, I guess.

When something doesn't work the way it should, first things first - clear your cache: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494811

See if that fixes it.

AAM (Adobe Application Manager) and DW - I haven't come across with any dependancy issues so far.

Is the upload issue happening for all sites or just one? If it is just one, can you try checking with a different site?

The problem usually may also lie with the remote server end? Are you able to connect to the server via a 3rd party FTP - something like Filezilla? http://filezilla-project.org/

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 4, 2012 4:45 AM   in reply to kgui

Have you tried clearing your cache?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This