Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Wipe out... What would cause Flash Builder to repeatedly crash on the same .MXML file?

Dec 1, 2012 5:31 AM

Tags: #flash_builder #crash #futile #silly_bug

Hi,

I am building a fairly straight-forward app and I've changed something in a fairly straight-forward .mxml file and suddenly, whenever I open the file to edit, Flash Builder crashes and dies horribly.

If I comment out all of the code and reopen Flash Builder, I can open and edit the file successfully. I can even put all the original code back in and test the app successfully.

But...

When I have put all the code back in and then go back to edit the file, Flash Builder wipes out in a kind of permanent and irrevocable way so that I have to comment out all the code to get it working again...

I have tried export, delete, import to reinitialise the project, but the problem recurs.

So...

Clearly, I have written something in my .mxml file that sends Flash Builder into some godawful infinite loop or other dead-end, but I am at a loss to say what as it is very, very basic and straight-forward MXML without (as far as I can tell) anything unusual... and I have been programming professionally with Flex for a number of years and built some _big_ applications during that time...

Has anybody encountered anything similar? Any ideas what I might have done?

Thanks,

G

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points