Skip navigation
1565Today
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Organizer )(*&**^ Delays!!!

Dec 1, 2012 11:34 AM

Tags: #problem #delay #organizer #crashes #elements_10

Why every time I launch Photoshop Organizer do I receive the "circle of death", the interminable delay waiting for the program to catch up.  Sometimes it's several minutes long, and I am unable to work.  I am using Windows 7 and have lots of RAM so there shouldn't be a problem.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 1, 2012 7:46 PM   in reply to 1565Today

Which version of PSE are you using?

Normally, delay during launch is due to folder loading. Do you have some folders which are located on network drive or external drive.

Just to speed things up, Click Ctrl+K (once Organizer is responsive) and in the 'Media Analysis' pane, turn off all background processes like visual search, people recognition, AA, etc.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to 1565Today

Not very sure of how to answer that perhaps someone more adept with upgrade scenarios might help you.

As of "circle of death" on importing just 15 images, what is the source of these images? Are they on a network drive or external drive?

How many files are there in the catalog?

While import, ensure that checkboxes like "Automatically suggest photo stacks", "Automatically fix red eye", etc. are unchecked on the import dialog.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 11:41 AM   in reply to 1565Today

Just for a comparison, I just imported 6 000 pictures in a few minutes on an old XP PC in a catalog with already 40 000 pictures. Of course, rebuilding thumbnails required one hour.

No idea why there is something special in your case

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to 1565Today

What bothers me (but I am used to it...) is that in any version of Elements, there are many situationss when the program seems to stop, very often without any visible 'waiting sign'. Generally I know, or I can imagine what tasks the Organizer is doing ; that times seems justified for me, but the lack of feedback is not only annoying, it's a frequent reason for users to abort the software in a premature way.

I have reported that fact in this forum, and I got answer from Adobe Employees that they acknowlegded the problem.

When you are using the organizer intensively like me, you are surprised by the contrast between those cases of 'unresponsiveness' and the efficiency to deal with very big catalogs and complex requests. PSE11 is better in that respect, but it's a pity the software does not at least give more feedback in those cases.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 9:42 PM   in reply to 1565Today

Please download AIR from http://get.adobe.com/air/

and then try installing Inspiration Browser.

You might have to temporarily disable any anti-virus s/w running on your system as it might block the update.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 12:29 AM   in reply to 1565Today

Is there some media imported from network drive on your system that is no longer accessible?

That causes delay in lot of other actions if that folder drive is listed in your folder list.

Regards,

vaishali

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 2:30 AM   in reply to 1565Today

Was there any hit?

Can you please try creating a new catalog and then importing a few images? Possibly the issue is due to some offline/missing files in your current catalog due to which the time it is taking to up itself is so long.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 1:47 AM   in reply to 1565Today

Just one more thing.. did you try running Organizer with 'Admin' permissions?

Also, you can try-

Run Organizer in compatibility mode. Following are the steps:

- Close Organizer if open.

- Locate 'PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe'. By default it is present at '%programfiles%\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\'

- Select the file and right click and select 'Properties'

- Switch to 'Compatibility' tab

- Select check box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'

- Select 'Windows XP SP3'. Click 'OK' (See the screenshot)

Launch Organizer and try Photomail workflow once ag

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 9:37 PM   in reply to 1565Today

Great

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as: