Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS5.5 swf fine CS6 swf does not display in browser

Dec 1, 2012 9:49 AM

I did a flash project for a client in CS5 and CS5.5. I have done periodic updates in 5.5 over the last year with no problems. I just did another update and now that I'm in CS6 I saved as a CS6 .swf. But when I upload the index.html file to the server I do not get the swf. I get a whitebox with the title page the the player securuty message. I then created two index.html files, one with the CS5.5 swf and one with the CS6 swf, uploaded to the server ( site server) and I get the same thing, CS5.5 isplays and CS6 does not. I looked at the embed codes and the only diference I see is the CS6 calls the Flash 15 player. I'm up to date as far as players go so I tried to change the 15 to player 11 ( thats the palyer the CS5.5 swf calls) and I still get the same result.

below are two links to the files, can someone see if there is another issue here causing this as I'm lost.

http://goldenfilms.tv/indexGOOD.html - works fine ( swf was created in CS5.5 )

http://goldenfilms.tv/indexCS6.html - DOES NOT DISPLAY ( swf was created in CS6)

anyone?

R

Replies
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 1, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to mentlity

you need flash player 11.5 (<param name="swfversion" value="15.0.0.0" />) to view that swf.

but that doesn't look like flash pro cs6 html code. are you using dreamweaver to create that?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 2, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to mentlity

yes, you're using problematic embedding code:  <param name="swfversion" value="12.0.0.0" />

open your fla with cs 5.5 or cs6, whichever you want to use.  publish an html file using flash and test with that html file.  if there's no reason to check for flash player version, don't tick "detect flash player version" in the publish settings.  if there is a reason to check , tick it and specify the required player version (and pick a version that currently exists).

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 2, 2012 5:30 PM   in reply to mentlity

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...