Skip navigation
marvelthomas@yahoo.com
Currently Being Moderated

I'm having trouble opening files in PSE11.  Can you help?

Dec 1, 2012 10:58 AM

I have my file preferences set to launch PSE11 when I double-click on a jpg file.  [I installed 11 a couple weeks ago and removed PSE10.]  PSE11 opens in Expert Edit Mode, but the jpg doesn't open.  If I leave PSE11 open and double-click the jpg file a second time, it opens, but the Editor changes to Quick Mode.  Is there a setting I can change to resolve this, or do I need to reinstall the program?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 1, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to marvelthomas@yahoo.com

Hi,

After uninstalling PSE 10 have you changed the program associated with a .JPG file to PSE 11 or is it still with PSE 10 ?

change it to PSE 11.

and PSE Should open in which mode (Quick , Guided, Expert ) it was last closed or Quick Mode by default (at first time).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to marvelthomas@yahoo.com

I also find this happens.  I installed elements 11 tonight and set the default to elements 11 for this file type.  Double click on the jpg file and elements opens but picture doesn't appear. I am on Windows 7 professional but need this resolved.  Can open fine from within elements 11 but it's darned useful to be able to open the jpg just created from your scanner by a double click

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points