Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

3D object "stuck" in place

Dec 1, 2012 11:29 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm having a strange reoccuring issue with 3D items in CS6. Lately, it's been involving 3D postcards. Whenever I merge them with another 3D layer, hide then unhide them, they reappear in a completely different position and get "stuck". When I try to move or scale them, they snap back to the previous location! Does anyone know what's going on, and how I can prevent this? Very frustrating.

Thanks for any and all replies,

Andy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 3, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to Andymc7

Have you installed anything new recently, specifically GPU drivers? And what OS are you using anyway?

Are the images especially large or the 3D object highly complex?

Have you tried changing the »Advanced Settings« in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop?

Have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 3, 2012 7:39 AM   in reply to Andymc7

Can't offer much in the way of help, but I've seen it too, and have reported it to Adobe.  I have an image in which I've placed a virtual motorcycle, and everything went well until I tried to tilt the bike over so it would look as though it is leaning on a kick stand.  I even rendered and saved it that way.  Now whenever I reopen the document, and do anything in the 3D space the bike jumps back up to a straight upright position.  Even if all I do is hit the render button it does this.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 3, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to Andymc7

I have asked them for more depth in manipulating objects in the 3D panel.  Even being able to re-order them would help with organization, and you're absolutely right - being able to delete individual objects would be a big functionality improvement as well.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 7:31 AM   in reply to Andymc7

Yup I've had the same problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status