Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Timeline "Invalid Time" error

Dec 1, 2012 3:18 PM

Win7 Home. All updates to CS6.

Have four timelines. No errors on Check Project. Build Blu-ray fails after sometime into the build. Get an "Adobe Encore Window" with: Blu-ray Object: "<Timeline> scrap best", Error: "Invalid Time", Code: "24", Note: "presentation composition times may not overlap". After clicking on "OK" get the "Build Program Failed" message. I can find nothing wrong with the timeline content. Any idea what this error means?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 1, 2012 5:51 PM   in reply to joec925

Google only finds this thead using your error message.

Using "bluray object error code 24," the only note found reads "start + duration exceeds clip duration."

I have no idea, but wonder about corrupt files. Are your timelines single videos, or do you have more than one video on some timelines?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 7:45 PM   in reply to joec925

For lots of pictures, read...

Photo Scaling for Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798

-Too Large May = Crash http://forums.adobe.com/thread/879967

-And another crash report http://forums.adobe.com/thread/973935

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 8:35 PM   in reply to joec925

For all the timelines I imported images as assets. One timeline has 61 images, a second has 96 images and there are two other timelines for the same "story"; one for pages 1-90 and the other for pages 91-106. They all appear to work fine in PPRO CS6.

CS6 changed things with slideshows. Whether this is a slideshow or regular timeline, factors like that move me toward creating a new CS6 project.

first thing I see is procession "motion.......". This is quickly followed by "Importing scrap efm_1_sessionFiles_Bsf_session_1_video.m2v". In about 10 seconds, the progress bar reaches the right end and the timeline error appears.

I don't know what it all means, but in CS5 there was an authorscript folder in the Encore project folders. My hypothesis was that it is gone in CS6, but it is created for the build, then deleted when the build is complete. (A solution in CS6 for a variety of problems was to delete the files in this folder. Encore now does this for you.)

See the thread linked below where many users who can burn projects in CS5 are unable to do so in CS6. Again, for me, in terms of your issues leads me to a do over.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4851587

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 5:35 PM   in reply to joec925

(1) why didn't Encore show clips;

Because the entire PR sequence is a movie. Encore won't show your images as separate, anymore than it would show a movie, with chapter markers, as clips.

(2) why wern't the PPRO Encore Chapter markers not imported into Encore. I can, in the Encore video, locate each clip and insert a chapter marker using that Encore function.

Are you sure you have Encore markers and not clip or sequence markers? And are they named, or just commented?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to joec925

The top row is the resulting Encore CS4 timeline showing the individual images and chapter markers.

Encore CS6 presentation of the PPRO CS6 sequence. Note that it comes in as a "merged" video and there are no chapter markers.

I don't think the videos are any different. CS4 is a video, not images. It looks divided because the markers are there, and the poster frame is at the default position. If CS6 brought the markers in, it would also be divided up.

One thing different is the marker images are above the timeline ruler and seem to have in/out points.

Yes, CS6 added duration for clips. FYI, my default addition of an Encore marker is with a duration of zero and the marker is not divided. Yours have a duration of 1 frame. My markers come into Encore with 0 or a greater than 0 duration.

If you added the markers after you first brought them in, you need to select the timeline in the timeline area at the bottom, and then Edit -> Update Markers From Source.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 6:15 PM   in reply to joec925

Will do for the remaining 259 markers and will consider the project a go at this time.

Ouch! But a go is a go.

I don't understand why the update markers would not work without any changes to the markers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points