Skip navigation
pd13jd
Currently Being Moderated

New Computer

Dec 1, 2012 4:23 PM

I just bought an iMac and I need to know what to do to install an existing program I bought for my pc onto my new mac.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 1, 2012 9:09 PM   in reply to pd13jd

Which version of PSE,  also boxed or downloaded, and do you use organizer?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 5:19 PM   in reply to pd13jd

pd13jd wrote:

I have Photoshop Elements 10 boxed and I do not use the organizer.  I have

the cds and the original box they came in with but I have no cd drive on

the new Mac.

Is there any way you could copy the entire contents of the CD/DVD onto a USB pen drive or external USB hard disk?  Perhaps, your friend or colleague might have a system with the DVD drive and spare USB port to insert a removable drive in to it.

Alternatively, you could buy an external DVD drive to achieve the same but this time you don't need to copy but simply plug your external DVD drive on to a spare USB port and then insert your DVD in to it and install it that way.

Another way is to download the trial version of PSE 10 and use your serial number to make it a full version.  Trial version is still available if you know how but let me know if you need help downloading the trial version from Adobe servers.  There is no official download link but there are ways to use the FTP method.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 9:08 PM   in reply to pd13jd

You can copy the contents of disc 3 to some kind of removable drive, like a flash or thumb drive, and then copy it from there to the desktop of the new computer and run the install that way.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 3, 2012 4:16 AM   in reply to pd13jd

First go to the trial page for PSE11 and make sure you are signed in (top right) with your Adobe ID.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements &loc=us&PID=2159997

Stay on the page and copy and paste the link below into the same browser window. If you change browser windows, access will be denied. There are two download links for Windows and one for Mac. In my experience the PD servers are quite slow so you will need to be patient with the download. Let us know if it works.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-10-direct-download-links- pse-premiere-pre.html#more-21597

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 3, 2012 4:34 AM   in reply to pd13jd

No. Use the first link to get to the trial page only as a means to log-in to Adobe servers.

Then delete the web address from your browser and copy and paste the second link and hit return and you will be taken to the PSE10 download page.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 3, 2012 5:11 AM   in reply to pd13jd

You should be able to extract the files (unzip) the folder on your desktop (or wherever you download it) and then run the installer and enter your serial number.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 7:55 AM   in reply to pd13jd

Double click the download to expand it. It will mount on your desktop like a drive. Double click the drive to open it, double click Photoshop Elements, double click Install.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 3:51 PM   in reply to pd13jd

Glad you got it working.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers