Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Installing elements for 10.6.8 and overlaying logo on video?

Dec 1, 2012 11:20 PM

Tags: #and #for #video #mac #10.6.8 #premiere #elements #logo #installing #overlaying

Hi,

Just downloaded the trial of Premiere Elements, but it won't work as I am on a 32bit mac about 6 years old - running 10.6.8.

Please can someone tell me where I can get the right trial version for my OS?

Thanks so much!

Also - this is the ONLY thing I am trying to do here:

I need to make videos with a logo overlaid in them. Either mooving image with my log on top or a slideshow of still photos, also with my logo on top.

Can Premiere Elements do this? if so, how? or please could you give me a link to where I can find instructions that are easy to undertand for a video novie like me?? :-)

I have tried iMovie and all sorts of other free mac video editors. In all the versions, my .png file is being imported with either a solid white or solid black background - even though I saved as a PNG 24 with transparency - and saving in exactly the same way for web graphics, works GREAT... (with the correct transparency) I also tried using psd files and tiffs (transparent tiffs) and got the same problems.

In fact in iMovie my png file gets imported with the graphics bleeding WAY beyond how it looks in my image editor... never seen that before, its really weird - anyone know why this is happening and how to fix?

Please can someone help me - if I need the full version of Premiere then I will have to look for anoher solution but I don't mind buying Elements if it works how I want and is EASY to do what I need.

Thanks a lot! Clare :-)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2012 5:37 AM   in reply to clarethwaites

You can certainly do the effect you're looking to do in Premiere Elements, Clare!

The version of the program you should download is the Mac version, obviously.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to clarethwaites

I do not do trial downloads, but I did check and there is only one download page

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_elements& loc=us

When you click the "Download Now" button near the bottom, and it requires you to install the download manager, does that download manager not allow you to choose the version for your computer?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to clarethwaites

For the watermark, added by the trial, see this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4795888#4795888

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 5:22 AM   in reply to clarethwaites

Can you confirm that your six year old Mac is an Intel Mac? What processor do you have?

Premiere Elements won't work on the earlier Motorola processors.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to clarethwaites

Premiere Elementsd requires an Intel Core 2 Duo or later processor and Mac OS in the 64-bit environment.  This is why you are facing problems with the download.  You can find the system requirements at http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 5:22 AM   in reply to clarethwaites

With all due respect to Jeff, Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6) is 64-bit and, if your processor is Intel Core Duo, the program will certainly work on it.

I think the problem is that the thread has frayed a bit and we're not clear exactly what your issue is.

You post title implies that you want to remove the logo watermark from your video -- and we've told you how to do that, right?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 5:24 AM   in reply to clarethwaites

Clare, this is the first we've heard that you've got a 32-bit version of the operating system.

As Jeff says, there is no 32-bit Mac version of version 11. You'll need to find a copy of version 10.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to clarethwaites

Clarethwaites as Steve said at this point you would need to look for a copy of Premiere Elements 10.  You can find the system requirements at System requirements | Photoshop Elements + Adobe Premiere Elements Bundle - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/system-requirements-photo shop-elements-premiere.html.

Unfortunately Adobe only is able to sell the current version of the software.

I am inquiring with my colleagues to see if Premiere Elements 10 will support the transparency feature for PNG 24 files.  I will update this thread once I have an update.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

One of my colleagues tested a PNG 24 file with transparency and it did support the transparency feature.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points