Skip navigation
dfigol1
Currently Being Moderated

When i open Elements 11, I don't get anywhere to log in.  Can I save my photos online in my account?

Dec 2, 2012 8:41 AM

When i open Elements 11, I don't get anywhere to log in.  Can I save my photos online in my account?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to dfigol1

The connection to photoshop.com is gone in PSE 11. You can still use it, but you will need to log in via a web browser to do so, not just send things straight from PSE, and there is no longer any syncing between PSE and photoshop.com. In PSE 11, adobe is pushing their Revel subscription service instead.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 10:01 PM   in reply to dfigol1

Photoshop Elements 11 is integrated with Revel, so you can share your photos to Revel for access on the web and across your mobile devices. You can also import your Revel photos to Elements 11 for editing and creating.

Adobe Revel is a Cloud based photo hosting service accessible via free app for your Mac, iPad, and iPhone. You can download the Revel App on your Mac, iPhone and iPad using the same Adobe ID associated  with your Photoshop.com account. With the app, you can upload, download, and share photos, as well as edit them.

You can access a web version of Revel at www.adoberevel.com. The web version of Revel currently includes many of the features of Revel App EXCEPT the ability to edit photos. Android users can download Revel Importer. Revel Importer is not a full version of Revel but it does give you a way to import the photos on your Android phone into your Revel photo library.

With the Revel App, you can organize, edit, and share your photos on all your devices, wherever you are.

• Access your photos almost anywhere you go.
    • Keep your photos backed up in the cloud.
    • Organize, edit, and share across multiple devices.
    • Create beautiful web galleries that automatically update on your devices.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Feb 21, 2013 2:25 AM   in reply to dfigol1

Revel has two options:

1) Free account which lets you upload any number of photos in the first 30 days and 50 photos per month thereafter.

2) Paid account with unlimited uploads - currently $5.99 per month.

Adobe has not yet announced a legacy path for subscribers to Photoshop.com although Brett recently mentioned a plan was being worked on.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 6:47 AM   in reply to 99jon

Actually they just did:

Dear Customer,

Your current Adobe® Photoshop® Elements or Adobe Premiere® Elements storage and sharing membership on Photoshop.com will move to a new service called Adobe Revel™.

Your photos mean a lot to you. And making sure they're backed up and easy to access means a lot to us.

That's why starting April 2, 2013, we'll automatically move your photos to their new home – Adobe Revel.

You don't have to do a thing.
    By doing nothing, you are saying it's okay for us to move your JPEG photos and your Elements membership/Photoshop.com account to Revel. We'll handle your photos with care and keep you updated along the way.
    If your library contains file formats other than JPEG photos, please be sure to download your complete Photoshop.com library before June 18, 2013, as Revel doesn't yet support the following file types – any video, PSD, RAW, ACR, PNG, TIFF. Archive now.
    The move will start after April 2, but if you want to start using Revel sooner, you can start your move now.
    Rather not have us move your photos? Simply opt out by April 2, 2013 and download your complete library before we close on June 18, 2013. Archive now.
    We are committed to supporting you throughout this transition to a new technology – Adobe Revel. Currently, Revel gives you more access to your photos than ever before – on the web, iPhone, iPad, and Mac. And this is just the beginning – we are planning to support additional platforms, as well as, popular file formats beyond JPEG and video. We are committed to delivering frequent Revel updates and to continually pushing the envelope to create the best experience for reliving your memories wherever you are.

And a link to the FAQ:

http://www.photoshop.com/misc/membership-faq?trackingid=KCOWC

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Feb 21, 2013 7:42 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Thank’s for the info Barbara.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 9:18 AM   in reply to Pattie F

Pattie, when I click the top question links in your post I get a "not allowed to view" error.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

"Top Questions" is not a link, but is a title with the list of top questions listed below it. The first link will take you to the forum where this top list is posted and the last link will take you to the complete FAQ list.  I hope that helps.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to Pattie F

When I click on one of the questions I get the error. I am aware that "top questions" is not itself a link. It wouldn't take me to an error, would it? When I click on, say, "I am a paid subscriber, what does that mean for me?" I see:

Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 12.39.01 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Feb 21, 2013 10:17 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

I get the same not authorized error. HTML source code shows the forums with those linked messages being moderated.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 1:15 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Thes FAQ links should be live now. They contain lots of useful information regarding the transition, Revel basics, file basics, editing basics, subscription changes, etc.

The main user forum is active for asking questions at: http://forums.adobe.com/community/ps.com_sharing_and_storage

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points