Skip navigation
swishdaddy
Currently Being Moderated

Error 17::18 overflow converting ratio denominators  fix

Dec 2, 2012 3:33 PM

i try doing that thing were u interpret the footage but it puts it down to 9 minutes it is making me very mad. any help would be very apreaiated

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to swishdaddy

I don't know what you are doing, what kind of footage, what version of AE, what the original footage was, where you are trying to go. As sergeant Schultz said, "I know nothing." Without knowing anything about your project I can't help.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 11:25 PM   in reply to swishdaddy

As Rick sdaid, we know nothing about your footage, nothing aboput your system, nothing about anything, including which version of AE you are using. Your post is therefore positively useless. That aside...:

http://myleniumerrors.com/2008/12/09/17-18/

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 4:43 AM   in reply to Rick Gerard

We need to know a lot more if we're going to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 6:36 PM   in reply to swishdaddy

Mylenium's error message list says that this error can be caused by bad frame rates.  Your comp shows a frame rate of something like 59.890, which is a totally fictional frame rate.  If you can play the clip back in some sort of player AND export the clip -- a new one -- in a different frame rate, you might get some luck.  Acceptable prame rates are 59.94 or 60.  Personally, I'd go with 59.94.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 11:34 PM   in reply to swishdaddy

Whatever your tool says, it probably isn't recording at the framerate it claims. AE is drawing that info from the embedded streamflags of your H.264 and this is usually pretty correct. Tend to agree with Dave. This probably is the sole source of your issue. You really should consider mangling your clips through an ffmpeg encoder like Handbrake or MPEG streamclip to conform it to something usable and fix those inconsistencies.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points