Skip navigation
PhotoFertile
Currently Being Moderated

Abobe Premiere Elements 10 Will Not Open

Dec 2, 2012 6:50 PM

Tags: #launch_failure

I checked the forum and could not come up with a solution to my issue. I have a Dell XPS. I loaded Elements 10 via the 2nd disk due to my Windows 7 operating system. When I attempt to open the application, nothing happens. Here are the steps I have taken based on the articles and forum feedback:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the application
  2. Performed Windows Update
  3. Performed driver updates
  4. Performed Disk Clean Up
  5. Performed Defrag
  6. disabled firewall and anitvirus software

I do not get a error message. I have 3GB of physical memory left.

Thank you,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2012 7:32 PM   in reply to PhotoFertile

>3GB of physical memory left

I think you may be confused by terms, and I **KNOW** that I am confused by what you wrote

Memory is ram... so how much ram do you have installed, and which version of Windows 7 do you have?

What you wrote "sounds" like you are talking about hard drive space... how many hard drives (you should have 2 for video editing) and how much free space on each?

Glossary of Terms http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276441 to help w/communication

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to PhotoFertile

When you say you installed "via your second disk drive" you don't mean you installed any place other than your C drive, do you? The program will only work when installed on your C or main drive.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 2:48 PM   in reply to PhotoFertile

All versions of Premiere... Elements and Pro... require FULL access to ALL computer resources... which means using an Administrator account

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to PhotoFertile

I only have my Adminsitrator account, and have never had any issues with any of my Adobe programs - all work perfectly from that account.

I would create a new Administrator account (not just an account with administrative privileges), and test.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points