Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe CS6 Premium Classroom in a book

Dec 2, 2012 10:38 PM

Hi,

Has anyone read the new Classroom in a book, um...book yet?

I wondered how much new information there would be vs the overlap between it and the CS5 version that I already have.

Thats it...a short and (hopefully) easy question for a monday morning!

Pierre

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2012 11:58 PM   in reply to Pierre Devereux

No idea. There has been some considerable rewrite of some sections for CS6, but I just don't have the time and money to buy every edition every time a new version comes out. If you already know one, though, I would think you won't learn too much new. The beauty of this particular book is that it is very broad and more focussed on general principles rather than describing every knob in AE and what you learn there can easily be adapted to new versions or otehr programs even...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 4:34 AM   in reply to Pierre Devereux

The CS6 version is the first version of the Production Premium Classroom in a Book.

Or were you talking about the After Effects Classroom in a Book? That book is substantially the same as the CS5 version, with a few changes for the new features.

If you're looking for a good book on After Effects CS6, and you've already gotten past the Classroom in a Book, I recommend After Effects CS6 Studio Techniques: http://bit.ly/U8iOX9

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Ah, yes. You got me there. I was actually referring to Mr. Christiansen's book...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 9:05 AM   in reply to Pierre Devereux

Yes, the Production Premium book adds quite a lot---specifically about the integration with other applications in the suite, like SpeedGrade.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to Pierre Devereux

Pierre, no one can help but admire your hard work and perserverance in learning this stuff. 

I've slowly acquired my limited knowledge over a period of several years while on the job.  But you're trying to do it on the job, building the business, with immediate family responsibilities, in a matter of months or even weeks,  and you remain cheerfully professional in your approach.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points