Skip navigation
KobiDobe
Currently Being Moderated

Viewing pagemaker files using InDesign 5.5?

Dec 3, 2012 2:09 AM

Tags: #indesign #pagemaker

Until just recently we have been able to view our pagemaker files in our InDesign 5.5..... now we can't. I have seen some downloaded fixes on the internet that are supposed to make changes to our registry automatically to make this work, and lots of other suggestions when googling this issue. I'm always reluctant to run some automated script from the web that will affect my registry, especially when I really don't know where it came from. Has anyone else recently discovered this issue....is it an upgrade that may have happened in the background that affected this??  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!  We are running windows 7 pro, and it's on a windows network. We currently have CS5 and we are running InDesign 5.5 (ver 7 ?)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 3, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to KobiDobe

InDesign will convert Pagemaker files using a File>Open command. It most certainly is NOT a Pagemaker file viewer.

Are you saying InDesign will not open Pagemaker files? If so, what happens when you try?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 6:03 AM   in reply to KobiDobe

Are these PM 6, 6.5 or 7 files?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to KobiDobe

Then they should open. Without seeing the files and the what happens it’s hard to diagnose.

If you want to post one of the files somewhere I’ll take a look here using ID CS6.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to KobiDobe

You have to provide a link to an external server. Are you trying to open the file in ID by clicking in Explorer, or are you selecting it after having used the File > Open command in ID?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 7:07 AM   in reply to KobiDobe

Throw it in a dropbox folder and post a link.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points