• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

link between referenced graphics and graphics editor

Advisor ,
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM 10 on Windows 7 …  If I right-click on a referenced .eps graphic, the context menu helpfully offers me Edit with RoboScreen Capture. Illustrator, my obvious preference for preparing and adjusting .eps graphics, is greyed out. So is Photoshop, even when I right-click on a .jpg  How do I convince FM I already have CS5.5 on this PC and would appreciate the click-to-open I'm used to from earlier installations elsewhere?  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK … the context menu entries are resolutely greyed out, but double-click works like a charm. Repeat as necessary "focus on results, focus on results"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least they work for you. For me, they're greyed out and they don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM looks to what is enabled as the default application for a file format at the system level. So if you have .eps associated with Illustrator, double-clicking on the graphic within FM will open a referenced graphic file in that associated application. If it isn't working for you, then from Explorer you can change the default app by using the "Open with" option and specifying which app is to be the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, the context menus are only enabled in the TCS versions of FM. It's just a marketing teaser to remind you of what you're missing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope checking the platform-level associations sorts out double-click for you, Mike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines