Skip navigation
Roy Crielaard
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator CS6 has stopped working

Dec 3, 2012 5:51 AM

Tags: #newbie #illustrator_crashes #illustrator_cs6 #illustrator_crash

Dear Illustrator users,

As a new user of the adobe software, I bought some "class room in a book" stuff to get me started. Now that I'm working on the first tutorial, I have already ran into a strange problem.

When I add a non-black colour to my work, saving the file leads to a "has stopped working" message. This does nog seem the case with all colors, but only certain ones.

For example: when I draw a black rectange, I can save the file.

When I fill it with Cyan, all is fine.

When I fill it with brown, saving the file makes it stop working.

I cannot find the awnser in the forum or elsewere online. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I thank you in advance!

Regards,

Roy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 3, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to Roy Crielaard

Your system has probably a damaged color profile somewhere, usually a monitor or printer profile, and it's causing mayhem when AI saves the file and tries to embed that info. Some colors simply work because their values need no profile conversion or are translated directly without more complex math getting involved. Check your color profiles, remove any third-party ones, reset your system's color management in teh graphics driver asnd monitor setting. Then recalibrate everything/ get usable vendor profiles.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 3, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to Roy Crielaard

Ah yes, incompatible printer drivers/ settings have plagued AI forever. Glad you could fix it so easily.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points