Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

-Validated- Menu not appearing in IE7, working in IE8,9, Chrome and FF

Dec 3, 2012 4:24 AM

Tags: #cs3 #error #internet #html #javascript #spry #css

Hello everyone,

I have validated the documents and they both receive the thumbs up.  I did this before asking you what the problem is.  If you would be so kind, would you be able to help me on this last problem relating to this website.

Website Link Here

The Menu is not appearing at all in IE7, and the slideshow for some peculiar reason which I am also here to find out starts halfway across the container on the first slide.

Website Link Here

Stylesheet

Many thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 3, 2012 5:17 AM   in reply to jbdreamweaver

Is IE7 displaying page in Quirks mode?

I recall IE7 having Z-index issues...

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 3, 2012 6:21 AM   in reply to jbdreamweaver

jbdreamweaver,

From what I can understand Fleximenu generates the menu using a .js file. It is one of the .js files that the CSS is generated from as well. There is no fallback for stand-alone CSS that is present in your HTML file. This is the .js file that generates CSS at runtime:

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/FlexiMenusJS/xtdMenuBuild.js"></script>

The menu itself is not being generated in IE7.

Can you contact ExtendStudio support and report this to them? They may offer you a solution as their website does claim that their menus work on IE7 upwards.

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 3, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

Also, IE6 & IE7 were known to have issues with getElementbyId in your Javascript. And this menu relies on the availability of Javascript on the browser. I'd also suspect that on the browser.

However, if there is a fallback that you enable with a boolean to redirect the http request to load a IE7-specific CSS and menu file, that should most certainly bypass the limitation that IE sets and your menu should ideally work.

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 3, 2012 6:28 AM   in reply to jbdreamweaver

I already took a look at your .js file and that's when I wrote to you that your menu is being generated at runtime. There is no fallback whatsoever. I know - IE7 can be such a pain in the bottom. But, if you're keen on making it work on IE7, contact them and put your foot down for a fallback to be offered to your code. You've paid for the license from them - and their website claims it works in IE7 - so they better well give you a solution

-ST

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points