Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I get an ucropped image in a Custom Package when using Stroke and/or Border??

Dec 3, 2012 4:34 AM

How can I get a picture in a Custom Package that has a Stroke and/or a border and get the image shown fully, and not cropped in one way or other?

When I add the stroke/border it adds them inside the cell, thereby altering the ratio of the area for the picture inside it, which crops it in some way. How can I get the image to be uncropped?  The controls available seem to all be for the ration of the outside of the cell, but my image is inside the stroke/border and nothing seems to work on it directly ... 

Many thanks,

Gary

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 3, 2012 3:42 PM   in reply to GaryRowe

Try LR2 Mogrify plug in from Photographers' Toolbox. This has the capacity to add borders and control aspect ratio to  your requriements. http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 4:40 PM   in reply to GaryRowe

Perhaps I misunderstood your requirement.  I have been frustrated by LR print module and labs effectively squeezing individual shots into existing frames. So I have used LR2Mogrify to export (and then re-import) a 'new image' which manages the discrepancy between a crop and a cell of a different aspect ratio by adding padding - usually 'white' - around the image to a canvas corresponding to cell dimensions. Adding stroke borders can be accomplished in Mogrify inside or outside the image.  A custom package, with multiple cell dimensions can be populated with images created in the corresponding aspect ratio(s) for the relevant cells.

I'm not aware of a way of automating the creation of cells in a page to dimensions which change with the crop as discovered  - drag and drop images onto a blank page creates cells of the same standard size.  

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points